Are you curious? do you want control over your content?
- A webpage is a super-personal thing. I might as well get to know the innards of the thing that produces my webpage.
- Long content is hard. Link rot is real. The internet is forever dynamic. I've linked to many things that simply cease to exist on the internet. A notebook should contain whatever information it needs to be useful, whether it's being read a year from now or 100 years from now.
The requirements that my ssg satisfies are:
- 1:1 mapping between directories and pages
- all images related to a page exist in that page's directory (traumatized by Wordpress's infamous
- basic templating
- inclusion of metadata or properties that can be derived programattically (e.g. last updated at)
- shallow cloning of all externally linked content